Located in the southwest part of Wajima City, Monzen-machi-Kuroshima-machi once flourished as a port of call for Kitamae ship trading. Running a shipping agency, the Kadomi family was at their peak of prosperity from the closing days of the Tokugawa shogunate through the early Meiji period. They owned seven Kitamae ships in their heyday. The existing Kadomi residence was built in 1872. The main building is a single-story wooden structure with a pantile gable roof. Its main entrance is on the side, and there is a passage connecting the entrance to the backyard. There are four plastered storehouses: a three-storied one for the family’s possessions and three more that are two-storied and used for salt, adzuki beans and rice. This architectural style is typically seen in the houses of shipping agents. The 2007 Noto Peninsula Earthquake totally destroyed the house, but it was reconstructed in 2011. The house, which contains possessions of the family, is open to the public. There are other shipping agents’ houses in this area, which has been designated as an important preservation district for groups of traditional buildings by the national government.